15 Year Ago
October 21, 2005
- The Town of Eads are now owners of the property at the corner of 14th and Goff. The property is the former Beeline service station.
- Philomene Liesen will once again conduct the Christmas Cantata this year, along with helpers Dawn James, Laura Negley, Nancy Walker and Gay Uhland.
25 Years Ago
October 20, 1995
- The Kiowa County Commissioners have received a letter which indicates that filing for abandonment of the railroad could take place at the end of November or first part of December.
- East End Events -complied by Plainview 6th Grade: October 12 a high of 93 and October 13 a low of 24, the coldest all fall. The weather has been good all week for harvest.
- About Town- Ida Lessenden: Many people were impressed with the Eads marching band under the direction of Ty Valentine.
40 Years Ago
October 17, 1980
- Gerry Oyen, Colorado State Patrolman assigned to the area, was given an "outstanding" rating on his performance evaluation for the period of November 1979 to November 1980.
- Mary Miller, Kiowa County Extension Agent, presented the Meritorious Service Award to Virgil and Ida Lessenden for their years of service to the 4-H program.
- Sheridan Lake Ripples- Mrs. Oren White: Miss Joyce Burk, Science at Plainview High School, thinks our prairies are quite different from her mountain home in Monte Vista.
50 Years Ago
October 16, 1970
- The third annual Arlington School Reunion was held in the Arlington schoolhouse.
75 Years Ago
October 5, 1945
- Kiowa County is slated for a deep oil test in the very near future. This well will be drilled by the CA Company on a tract of land north of Eads.
100 Years Ago
October 8, 1920
- The electric lights were turned on for the first time and are continuing each evening until 12 o'clock.
- A fire alarm turned in Wednesday evening calling out the new fire department. It was not a real fire, but the boys responded and were all there in a few minutes ready for duty with their new fire truck.