15 Year Ago
March 3, 2006
- USDA Update- Rod Johnson: After several days of below zero, warmer days have followed. There is a very noticeable greening of the wheat.
- About Town- Melissa Peterson & Doris Lessenden: The Eads Chamber of Commerce, with the help of volunteers, hosted a breakfast for the Snow Goose Festival.
- Wild Horse Roundup- Curtis Schrimp: Maybe something in the air, Susie Paintin said the computer at the Post Office wouldn't work either.
25 Years Ago
March 1, 1996
- Valley State Bank has hired Michael C. Lening, long time resident of Kiowa County, as the new bank manager at Eads.
- The Mountain/Plains Communities and Shippers Coalition needs help to prevent the railroad merger/abandonment.
- The KA Hall was the scene for the Annual Sweetheart Banquet.
40 Years Ago
February 27, 1981
- Twenty farm and ranch members of the Rocky Mountain Farmers Union returned to Denver after a whirlwind four-day lobbying effort in Washington, D.C.
- Letter to the Editor- Byron "Windy" McDaniel: People, before you say anything about the school, go visit it and see what they are doing. I hope, like me, you will be impressed about it.
- From the Sheriff desk- Floyd Griswould: Several fires this past week, makes one realize just how important fire equipment really is.
50 Years Ago
February 26, 1971
- A.V. Harris of Sheridan Lake has quit singing the once popular song, "I've been working of the Railroad." Harris is retiring from the Missouri Pacific Railroad after working 33.5 yrs.