15 Years Ago
November 24, 2006
- As the West End Turns- Michelle Wyckoff: The Annual Haswell Fish Fry was attended by around 70 people who all brought a covered dish of some sort.
25 Years Ago
November 22, 1996
- There will be a turkey shoot at the Hunter Education Range in Eads, sponsored by the Kiowa County Mixed Bag Club.
40 Years Ago
November 20, 1981
- Joe Oswald was chosen Kiowa County Outstanding Conservationist for the year 1981.
- Trappers: Wanted-Coyotes-Coon-Fox-All Wild Fur. We will top any competition. Bring your furs to Eads CO-OP.
50 Years Ago
November 19, 1971
- A blast Thursday night blew out the south side of the loading platform at the Geronimo Elevator in Eads.
- Two endurance bowling tournaments have been announced for the Eads Lanes
- Mrs. Hobart Hallock was 1 of 10 in the three-state-area including Wyoming, Colorado and New Mexico named to be on the resolutions committee of the Rocky Mountain Farmers Union.