Published Sunday, April 17, 2022
15 Years Ago
April 13, 2007
- Wild Horse Roundup- Curtis Schrimp: Since baseball season has started, I'll mention our days of baseball years ago. There were teams in all of the towns. If your girlfriend didn't want to go to a baseball game on Sunday afternoon, she had to stay home alone.
25 Years Ago
April 11, 1997
- Mike Lening of Valley State Bank, was on hand at the Eads Town Board meeting to discuss a proposed drive-up window at the Eads branch.
- In an effort to keep the public informed, the Kiowa County Commissioners will publish a monthly summary of their meetings, events, and activities.
40 Years Ago
April 9, 1982
- A fire, whipped by high winds, completely destroyed a storage building and its entire contents. The building is owned and located on the Assembly of God property.
- A record number of voters turned out in the Eads Town Council Election. A total of 364 were casted out of 499 registered voters.
- From the Sheriff's Desk- Floyd Griswould: It appears someone entered Kiowa Drug and removed some drugs from within. We are checking this one further.
50 Years Ago
April 14, 1972
- Two escapees from the Pueblo State Hospital were taken into custody in connection with the theft of a truck.
- Blaze broke out behind the home of Myrl E. Legg and burned a path seven miles long and half mile wide before volunteers brought it under control.
- The average family income was $6,567 in Kiowa County in 1969 compared to $9,555 for the state.