Makes: 2 servings
These easy dumplings only need 4 ingredients. Drop them into the hot chicken broth mixture and cook them for 15 minutes. What a simple and quick meal for a busy night.
2 tablespoons flour (all purpose)
2 tablespoons water
1 cup chicken broth, low-sodium
1 cup chicken, cooked and diced
salt (1/4 teaspoon, optional)
1 dash black pepper
1/3 cup flour (all purpose)
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons non-fat milk
1. Mix 2 tablespoons flour and water in a pan until smooth.
2. Slowly stir in broth.
3. Cook over medium heat until thickened.
4. Add chicken, salt (optional) and pepper.
5. Combine 1/3 cup flour, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl. Stir in milk until dough forms.
6. Drop dumpling dough from a Tablespoon onto gently boiling chicken mixture, making 4 dumplings.
7. Cover pan tightly and cook slowly for 15 minutes without lifting the lid.
Source: University of Illinois, Extension Service, Wellness Ways Resource Book
Total Fat 8 g
Saturated Fat 2 g
Cholesterol 65 mg
Sodium 520 mg
Total Carbohydrate 24 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Total Sugars 1 g
Added Sugars included N/A
Protein 25 g
Vitamin D N/A
N/A - data is not available