- The lapse of federal appropriations and the subsequent partial shutdown of government agencies has forced the closure of the Sand Creek Massacre National Historic Site in Kiowa County for the safety of visitors and park resources
- FSA Office employees are officially furloughed beginning Monday, December 31st due to lapse in Federal government funding and will remain so until the funding has been restored. Employees will not have access to email or voicemail during this time.
- NRCS Offices remain open until further notice. For Kiowa County NRCS Office matters, beginning Wednesday, January 2, 2019 contact Cheyenne County NRCS Office @ 719-767-5648 ext 3.
- Spaghetti Supper Hosted by Women Empowered (WE) Jan 31,2019 at the Eads High School Multi-Purpose Room 5pm-7:30pm. Delivery service available for call-ahead orders from4-5pm. Call Chelsea Davis 719-688-3871 prior to 4pm Jan 31. Proceeds go towards a scholarship for outstanding female students this spring.
- 5 Loaves Pantry is hosting an Empty Bowls Soup Supper featuring ceramic bowls handcrafted by McClave School students on January 25 from 5:30 to 7 pm at the school cafeteria. For more information about the Empty Bowls Soup Supper, or to purchase tickets, contact one of these committee members: Lora Cline at 719-829-4425, Doris Hemphill at 719-691-1877, Kaye Kasza at 719-688-2299 or Kara Leighty at 719-829-4992
- Contact Any Community Club Member for East End Birthday Calendars
- Eads Landfill Hours Wed-Thur - Sat 8:30 am - 4:00 pm Friday 8:30 am - 11:30 am Subject to Change Please contact Kiowa County Commissioners office for list of Fees & acceptable waste. Kiowa County Commissioner office 1305 Goff St. PO Box 100 Eads, CO 81036 719-438-5615 email@example.com
- Eads Drivers License - January-29-30 DD-214 or Active military ID must be presented at time of renewal for Military Insignia to be placed on your license.
- MVR Reports Available. Kiowa County Clerk Office 1305 Goff St. 719-438-5421
- Kiowa County Commissioners Meeting : Jan -24 Feb 14 Open to the public 9:00am -Commissioners will recess 12 - 1 for lunch 4 day notice is preferred for posted agenda
Upcoming Events - January 18, 2019
KiowaCountyPress.net may earn an affiliate commission if you purchase products or services through links in an article. Prices, when displayed, are accurate at the time of publication but may change over time. Commissions do not influence editorial independence.
The Kiowa County Press is an independent newspaper published in Eads, Kiowa County, Colorado, and to the world at KiowaCountyPress.net.