By Eads USDA Service Center
IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER:
- CCC-633EZ - Loan Deficiency Payment (LDP) agreement and request - MUST BE SIGNED AND ON FILE WITH FSA OFFICE BEFORE HARVEST.
- 2nd Tuesday each month - Farm Loan personnel in Kiowa County FSA Office.
- March 15 - July 15th - Primary Nesting Season for CRP. No practice or management activity allowed.
- July 15th - Production submission deadline for 2015 NAP crops.
- July 15th - Acreage reporting deadline for planted spring crops and CRP
- August 1 - Deadline to request farm reconstitution or farm transfer for 2016.
- August 1 - 2016 ARC-PLC Enrollment Deadline
- August 1 - County Committee Nomination Deadline - LAA 3 - west end
FARM LOAN PERSONNEL IN EADS OFFICE
The 2nd Tuesday of each month, Mary Rhoades Farm Loan Officer is in the Eads office until 4:00 p.m. If you need to schedule a visit with Mary you may call her at the Lamar office @ 719-336-3436. Scheduling an appointment is the best practice that way Mary will bring any producer loan folders or other information with her to the office.
RECEIPT FOR SERVICE
The 2014 Farm Bill requires a customer receipt to be issued for any agricultural program assistance requested from FSA - Farm Service Agency, NRCS - Natural Resource Conservation Service and RD - Rural Development. Receipts include the date, summary of the visit and any agricultural information. Program and/or loan assistance provided to an individual or entity. Electronic receipts for acreage reports will begin on August 1, 2016.
A service is any information, program or loan assistance provided whether through a visit, email fax or letter.
FARM STORAGE FACILITY LOANS
As harvest is nearing and producers are wishing maybe they had a bin or two to store the crop. FSA does have the low interest FSFL - Farm Storage Facility Loan program to build or upgrade existing facilities.
The low- interest funds can be used to build or upgrade permanent facilities to store commodities. Eligible commodities in Kiowa County are those that are general to the area such as wheat, grain sorghum, corn, oilseeds harvested as whole grain.
Loans up to $50,000 can be secured by a promissory note/security agreement and some loans between $50,000 and $100,000 will no longer require additional security.
Producers do not to demonstrate the lack of commercial credit availability to apply. The loans are designed to assist a diverse range of farming operations, including small and mid-sized businesses, new farmers, operations supplying local food and farmers markets, non-traditional farm products, and underserved producers.
USDA SERVICE CENTER CONTACT INFORMATION
Telephone 719-438-5851 FSA (Ext 2), NRCS (Ext 3). FSA Fax number: fax2mail 844-332-7501
KIOWA COUNTY FARM LOAN CONTACT INFO
SERVICE CENTER OFFICE HOURS:
Monday through Friday - 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. By appointment only on Friday.
For information on programs visit our website located at www.fsa.usda.gov or like us on Facebook, or follow us on Twitter.