IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER:
- NOW!! - File form CCC-633 EZ page 1 with FSA before losing beneficial interest to maintain Loan Deficiency Payment (LDP) eligibility. (To request payments, producers need to submit page 2 of the CCC-633EZ).
- USDA SERVICE CENTER CLOSED - Tuesday, July 4th
- ACREAGE REPORTING DEADLINE - JULY 17th
- March 15th - July 15th - CRP Primary Nesting Season - NO Activity permitted on CRP
- FARM LOAN Personnel in Kiowa County Service Center - July 11th
- August 1 - 2017 ARCPLC enrollment deadline
- August 1 - COC Nomination Deadline
- CRP Continuous Signup - Lesser Prairie Chicken, CRP Grassland acres are available. Producers interested are urged to contact FSA Office.
Disclaimer: Information in this UPDATE is pertinent to Kiowa County FSA only. Producers reading this and that do not have FSA interest in Kiowa County are advised to contact their local FSA Office.
CHANGES TO FARM STRUCTURE
The last day to request a farm reconstitution for 2017 is August 1, 2017 for the change to be effective for crop year 2017. Reconstitutions requested after the deadline will be effective for crop year 2018.
Any operator changes need to be reported to FSA as soon as possible. This FSA office requires a signed lease for both crop share and cash leases, signed by all owners and operator(s) for the farm.
Ownership changes are also required to be reported as soon as the deed(s) are recorded. The majority of ownership changes will require a copy of the purchase contract to determine proration of payments. ALL ownership changes are required to be reported to FSA, even name changes to Revocable Trusts or Limited Liability Company (LLC), etc. Failure to report ownership changes timely can result in delay of payments and/or invalid contract determination by the County Committee.
For our customers who have access to the internet, want to bring your attention the FSA website located at https://www.fsa.usda.gov. So much information is available right at your fingertips. Below is a snip of popular topics and the drop-down menu available on the home page.
COUNTY COMMITTEE ELECTIONSnomination period for 2017 County Committee elections started on June 15th through August 1st. In Kiowa County, Local Administrative Area (LAA) 1 is holding an election. The LAA 1 area consists of producers in the eastern portion of the county, Colorado / Kansas state line west to County Rd 55. Currently, the representative for this area on the County Committee is Sean Harkness. Sean was elected in 2014 and is eligible to be nominated for another terms. County Committee members are term limited three terms.
FSA's county committees are a critical component of the day-to-day operations of FSA and allow grassroots input and local administration of federal farm programs.
Nomination forms (FSA-669) for the 2017 election must be postmarked or received in the local USDA service center by August 1, 2017.
A USDA grant training session covering Value Added Producer and Renewable Energy for America Program grants will be held in Eads July 12. Read more here.
2017 LDP RATES
FSA began tracking the 2017 LDP rates. The loan rate for wheat is $2.84 which is 19 cents lower than last year's loan rate of $3.03. The lower loan rate will definitely have an effect LDP rates for this year. It's important to protect yourself and be certain that the page 1 of CCC-633EZ is on file prior to selling any wheat for 2017, the form can be signed at any FSA office. The form can also be emailed and/or faxed.
Kiowa County FSA Committee
- Destiny Haase - LAA 2 - Central area - Committee Chairperson
- Sean Harkness - LAA 1 - East area - Committee Vice-Chairperson
- Michael Zimmerman - LAA3 - West area - Committee Regular Member
USDA SERVICE CENTER CONTACT INFORMATION
Telephone 719-438-5851 FSA (Ext 2), NRCS (Ext 3). FSA Fax number: fax2mail 844-332-7501
KIOWA COUNTY FARM LOAN CONTACT INFO - CALL FOR AN APPOINTMENT
Telephone 719-336-3437 (ext2) Mary Rhoades, firstname.lastname@example.org
SERVICE CENTER OFFICE HOURS:
Monday through Friday - 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Friday, by appointment only.
For information on programs visit our website located at www.fsa.usda.gov or like us on Facebook, or follow us on Twitter.