IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER:
- FEBRUARY 12th- FARM LOAN Personnel in Eads Service Center County Committee Meeting
- EXTENDED - FEBRUARY 28 - DEADLINE to apply for 2018 (LFP) Livestock Forage Program -
- EXTENDED - FEBRUARY 14- MFP - Market Facilitation Program- COMPLETION OF Part D of CCC-910 form signature deadline.
- FEBRUARY 18th-SERVICE CENTER CLOSED - President's Day
- Continuous CRP Grassland Signup 201 -Offers being accepted - $5.00 per acre rental rate
Disclaimer: Information in this UPDATE is pertinent to Kiowa County FSA only. Producers reading this and that do not have FSA interest in Kiowa County are advised to contact their local FSA Office.
The Government shutdown was resolved Friday, January 25, with a continuing resolution until February 14. The FSA Office employees are 'officially' back to work full-time, Monday - Friday. The office was open, and employees reported back to work as 'excepted on call' status January 24 and 25 prior to the continuing resolution. This did allow for the employees to view emails and phone messages. We have tried to answer the emails and return the phone calls, if you have not heard back from us please contact the office.
I started writing this Update at 8:00 Monday morning, at 1:00 I am still trying to finish it, between phone calls and various interruptions. This will be the story for each FSA Office for a few weeks as we all try to work through workload that was here when we were furloughed and additional workload that comes in 28 days later. We ask for your patience as we attempt to work through it all.
PROGRAM DEADLINES EXTENSIONS
Due to the shutdown there are many revised program deadlines dates. The two deadlines that will affect Kiowa County producers is the MFP - Market Facilitation Program and 2018 LFP - Livestock Forage Program.
- MFP - The CCC-910, which is the form used to apply for the program has two parts of the form that must be signed by the producer and both parts have two separate deadlines.
- Part D - Producer Certification (bottom of the form) must be signed by the producer or the authorized representative no later than February 14.
- Part C - Production Information - producers have until May 1, 2019 to report production or livestock inventory.
NOTE: Producers who have FSA interest in more than one county will complete the CCC-910 form with the recording county FSA Office.
- LFP - 2018 grazing year Livestock Forage Program for grazing loss. The original deadline was January 31st , the new deadline is February 28, 2019. In Kiowa County many of the producers with livestock have applied, as the county has been eligible for LFP since early summer.
For a complete listing of program deadline extensions for all programs, please contact the FSA Office.
Friendly reminder, FSA does not send out 1099's to producers who earned less than $600.00 reportable income in the calendar year.
Kiowa County FSA Committee
- Destiny Haase - LAA 2 - Central area - Committee Chairperson
- Sean Harkness - LAA 1 - East area - Committee Vice-Chairperson
- Michael Zimmerman - LAA3 - West area - Committee Regular Member
USDA SERVICE CENTER CONTACT INFORMATION
Telephone 719-438-5851 FSA (Ext 2), NRCS (Ext 3). FSA Fax number: fax2mail 844-332-7501
KIOWA COUNTY FARM LOAN CONTACT INFO - CALL FOR AN APPOINTMENT
Telephone 719-336-3437 (ext2) Mary Rhoades, firstname.lastname@example.org
Nicole Lubbers, email@example.com
SERVICE CENTER OFFICE HOURS:
Monday through Friday - 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Friday, by appointment only.
For information on programs visit our website located at www.fsa.usda.govor like us on Facebook, or follow us on Twitter.