Ensuring those serving in the nation's armed forces and diplomatic service receive their holiday mail in time is a priority for the Postal Service. Here are a few tips to keep in mind:
- Deadlines for Christmas delivery to U.S. Military and APO/FPO depend on the destination. For most destinations, the following cutoff dates apply:
Priority Packages and First-Class Cards and Letters: Dec 9
Priority Express Mail: Dec 16
- The Postal Service offers a $2 discount on its largest Flat Rate Priority Box when sent to an APO/FPO/DPO address.
- USPS offers a free Military Kit consisting of:
- Two Priority Mail APO/FPO/DPO Flat Rate Boxes
- Two Priority Mail Medium Flat Rate Boxes
- Priority Mail tape
- Priority Mail address labels
To order the kit, call 800-610-8734.
Always check with www.usps.com, which will provide packaging tips, prohibited items and other custom's requirements.