Cooking at Home - Oatmeal Raisin Muffins
Makes: 12 servings
What's better than a toasty muffin right out of the oven? Enjoy these oatmeal raisin muffins with your breakfast or as a snack or dessert.
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk, fat-free
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon margarine or butter (to grease the muffin cups)
- Preheat the oven to 400 °F.
- Put the egg, milk, and oil in a small mixing bowl. Slowly stir them together.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the flour, oatmeal, sugar, baking powder, salt, and raisins. Stir until they are mixed.
- Pour the egg-milk-oil mix into the large bowl with the dry ingredients.
- Stir until the dry ingredients are barely moistened. Do not over-mix (the batter should be lumpy).
- Grease each cup in the muffin pans with some margarine or butter.
- Spoon the batter into the cups in each muffin pan, until each cup is half-full with batter.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the muffins are golden brown.
Source: Pennsylvania Nutrition Education Network
Serving Size: 1 muffin, 1/12 of recipe (65g)
Added Sugars included