Cooking at Home - Spicy Baked Fish
Roast your favorite seasonal veggies while baking this fish for a wonderful dinner any time of the year.
- 16 ounces salmon (fresh or frozen, or any white fish)
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon oregano (dried)
- 1/8 teaspoon thyme (dried)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons margarine (soft melted)
- If using frozen fish, thaw in refrigerator according to package directions.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Separate (or cut) fish into 4 pieces. Place fish in a 9x13x2 inch baking pan.
- Combine paprika, garlic and onion powder, pepper, oregano, and thyme in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle herb mixture (step 4 mixture) and lemon juice evenly over the fish. Then drizzle melted margarine on top.
- Bake until fish flakes easily with a fork, about 20 to 25 minutes.
Source: University of Massachusetts, Extension Nutrition Education Program, Pumpkin Post/Banana Beat
Serving Size: 4 oz. prepared fish or 1/4 of recipe (123g)
Added Sugars included