- Cases 109
- Hospitalizations 6
- Deaths 4**
*These are cumulative totals as of 08/17/2021 4pm **Deaths in people with a recent positive COVID Test
- CASES PAST 7 days: 4
- CASES PAST 14 days: 6
This week's testing percent positivity was 5.56 percent up from 0 percent last week. The goal is to keep this below five percent. Please get tested if exposed or if you have symptoms. It is FREE! Call 438-5401 and ask for the lab. If you are having severe symptoms such as significant trouble breathing, etc. call 911
- VACCINE will be available by appointment at the public health office moving forward. Please call the office at 719-438-5782. All 3 types of vaccine are available.
- Kiowa County has 40.1% of eligible persons receiving at least 1 dose of vaccine, up from 39.5% last week.
- KCPH will be releasing information about getting a third dose for those who are eligible (organ transplant, certain blood cancers and immunodeficiencies) very soon! If you are not sure if you qualify, please contact your provider!
- There are treatments called monoclonal antibodies that can be given to greatly reduce your chance of hospitalization. They are offered here locally. Call your provider for more information.
- The Delta Variant is now responsible for almost all the infections in Colorado and the US. While we have not had this isolated in Kiowa County, it has been found in our region. It is 50% more transmissible than non-variant COVID-19 viruses. There is significant concern that counties with low vaccine uptake will have significant case surges soon. Almost all hospitalizations and deaths are now in those who are unvaccinated. Those numbers are updated at: https://covid19.colorado.gov/data. Look for the variant data by county drop down menu.
- The most important thing you can do is continue to follow the guidance we have recommended from the beginning! Stay home if not feeling well, cover coughs and sneezes, wash hands frequently or use 60+% alcohol-based hand sanitizer, wear a mask/face covering to contain any respiratory droplets and stay at least 6 feet from others, especially if you are not vaccinated. Minimize gatherings.
- Call 719-438-5782 or 719-336-8721 with questions. You can check https://covid19.colorado.gov for information or email email@example.com with any questions.