- Cases 101
- Hospitalizations 6
- Deaths 4**
*These are cumulative totals as of 04/27/2021 4pm **Deaths in people with a recent positive COVID test
- CASES PAST 7 days: 0
- CASES PAST 14 days: 0
Percent positivity this week was 0.0%, unchanged from last week. The goal is to remain less than five percent.
- The current public health order limits indoor events to max capacity 500. One hundred or more attendees indoors must social distance and wear face coverings. Indoor events with more than 500 attendees are to contact KCPH for approval and the health department will clear the event with CDPHE. Outdoor gatherings have no capacity restrictions. You can review orders here: https://covid19.colorado.gov/public-health-executive-orders
- Variants are increasing. There are increasing numbers statewide and also hospitalizations. Colorado now has cases of all the variants of concern that you hear about on the news. The natural social distancing in Southeast Colorado has helped us though we cannot let our guard down! We will report any locally identified variants if they are detected. Our goal is to vaccinate 70% of the population to keep COVID-19 at bay and limit variants. I am particularly concerned about this fall and I really do not want to go back to the restrictions from the past year!
- MASKS: The updated Executive Order (issued 4/3/2021 and effective for 30 days) will continue to require mask-wearing for all counties in schools (including for extracurricular activities), child care centers, indoor children's camps, public-facing state government facilities, Emergency medical and other healthcare settings (including hospitals, ambulance service centers, urgent care centers, non-ambulatory surgical structures, clinics, doctors' offices, and non-urgent care medical structures), personal services (i.e. hair salons, nail salons, esthetician services, body art professionals, etc.) and limited health care settings as defined by Public Health Order (PHO) 20-36, congregate care facilities, prisons, and jails. Public Health, when we are doing clinics, is a limited healthcare setting. Please continue to mask when you come for appointments. If you do not have a mask, one will be provided to you.
- The vaccine bus will be in Bent County at the Fairgrounds on Friday April 30 from 10:00AM to 6:00PM and at St Francis de Sales Catholic Church 600 E Parmenter ST in Lamar on Sunday May 2 from 11:00AM to 7:00PM. No appointment is necessary, and walk-ups are welcome! See the bus schedule here: https://www.mobilevax.us/clinics
- The Johnson and Johnson (aka J&J, Janssen) vaccine has been cleared for use by the Advisory Council on Immunization Practices (ACIP). 15 cases of an uncommon type of blood clot (cerebral venous sinus thrombosis) with thrombocytopenia (VIIT) out of more than 7 million doses were studied. All the cases were in females between the ages of 18 and 48. While this association is important to identify, it is good to know that our safety system is monitoring all reports and has been transparent. It is a single dose vaccine. Pfizer and Moderna vaccines are different in how they work and are not associated with this condition. You must weigh the risks and benefits personally. The risk of significant illness from COVID-19 far exceeds the chance of injury from the vaccine. Call your provider or public health for your appointment!
- Stay home if not feeling well, cover coughs and sneezes, wash hands frequently or use 60+% alcohol-based hand sanitizer, wear a mask/face covering to contain any respiratory droplets and stay at least 6 feet from others. Minimize gatherings.
- If you think you may have symptoms of COVID-19, or may have been exposed, please get tested! There are FREE testing options. Call 438-5401 and ask for the lab. If you are having severe symptoms such as significant trouble breathing, etc. call 911.
Call 719-438-5782 or 719-336-8721 with questions. You can check https://covid19.colorado.gov for information or email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. We appreciate your patience in this busy and trying time!