- Cases: 103
- Hospitalizations: 6
- Deaths: 4**
*These are cumulative totals as of 05/25/2021 4pm **Deaths in people with a recent positive COVID test.
- CASES PAST 7 days: 0
- CASES PAST 14 days: 0
The county's percent positivity was 0.0 this week, unchanged from last week. The goal is to remain under five percent. Please get tested if exposed or if you have symptoms. It is FREE! Call 438-5401 and ask for the lab. If you are having severe symptoms such as significant trouble breathing, etc. call 911.
- WALK-IN VACCINE CLINIC coming soon! The first clinic will be from 9:00AM to NOON on Thursday, June 10. Starting on June 16, walk-in clinics will be available every Wednesday during office hours, through the summer! Age 12+ can only receive Pfizer vaccine at this time (2 doses 21 days apart). Moderna and J&J are for ages 18+ at this time. Moderna is 2 doses 28 days apart and Jannsen (aka Johnson&Johnson, J&J) is a single dose vaccine.
- It is anticipated that Moderna will submit its application for ages 12-17 in the next couple of weeks. We will let you know if and when it is approved for that age group.
- The vaccine bus will be in our region most weekends. No appointment is necessary, and walk-ups are welcome! If you want a particular vaccine (the bus carries J&J and Pfizer), an appointment is encouraged so that the staff have enough of the vaccine that you prefer. An appointment is also encouraged for those 12-17 since there is only one vaccine currently approved for this age group. See the bus schedule here: https://www.mobilevax.us/clinics
- The most important thing you can do is continue to follow the guidance we have recommended from the beginning! Stay home if not feeling well, cover coughs and sneezes, wash hands frequently or use 60+% alcohol-based hand sanitizer, wear a mask/face covering to contain any respiratory droplets and stay at least 6 feet from others. Minimize gatherings.
- The chart at the top of page 3 represents Kiowa residents receiving 1 or more doses, regardless of where the vaccine was received as of 05/24/2021. It is increasing slowly! The data listed does not account for all of those who were vaccinated out of state or through the VA or the prison system. The chart data has shifted and may change each week as the number of younger people are vaccinated.
- Governor Polis announced this week that there will be a series of $1 million dollar giveaways for those who are vaccinated. More information at coloradocomebackcash.com
Call 719-438-5782 or 719-336-8721 with questions.
We appreciate your patience in this busy and trying time!