Kit Carson Parents and Community,
March 30 is approaching fast and your professional educators are hard at work developing lesson plans that will include eLearning.
These lesson plans may include Zoom meetings, online curriculum, using our Microsoft 365 system, email, online programs, DOJO, and other needed materials to make this situation as smooth as possible.
Please remember these are new times for your teachers too. There will be some trial and error, but if doctors get to practice medicine, we can practice until we get it right too.
There will be two opportunities for kids to exchange books in the library, April 6 and April 14 from 8:30 a.m. until 11:30 a.m.
I want to relieve as much stress as possible during this trying time. I have been in calls with the Governor, Cheyenne County Health and the Commissioner of the Colorado Department of Education to stay updated on this process. The following points will hopefully inform you and clear up any rumors that are going around. Please understand these ideas are in the investigation and fact-gathering stages and are not approved or guaranteed at this time.
- The required instructional hours may be waived with an application--- so we will not have to extend the school year into the summer
- Fourth quarter of this school year will begin March 30th and grades will be taken as normal as possible
- All students will have the tools necessary such as Internet and devices, if not, they will be provided
- Kit Carson School District R1 is researching options on how to provide meal support during this time on a pick up only basis
- We are researching ways to offer virtual two-way instruction in which students can interact with their teacher
- We are investigating ways to lighten the burden on students that do not live in town
- *Originally, I thought we were going to be able to do some small groups inside the school building once a week. At this time, and under advisement from various sources, we will not be able to do the small groups inside the school building.
I assure everyone we are taking this process very seriously and are brainstorming all options. We will be ok, and we will make it through this trying time. In all reality, we will be more technologically literate and have a better understanding of real-world issues.
I have realized how blessed we are to have such a great team of parents, guardians, students, staff, and community. Please let me know if you have any questions or suggestions.