Published Saturday, April 14, 2018
15 Years Ago
April 11, 2003
- Talli Hansen was named M.V.P. of the Southern Colorado Invitational held at Colorado State University in Pueblo.
- Eads High School Coach Shawn Randel was named Coach of the Year in both the 1A girl's & boys division by Denver newspaper.
- Wild Horse Roundup-Curtis Schrimp: I was sitting here watching the news when I got a surprise when I saw 2 lightning flashes & thought here comes the rain. I looked out before going to bed and the sidewalk was wet. What a beautiful site when I got up in the morning. About 3 inches or so of wet snow.
25 Years Ago
April 14, 1993
- About Town-Ida Lessenden: We are happy to hear the Haswell Community is organizing a Senior Citizen group. We in Eads & Towner have enjoyed it down through the years.
- A $500 grant has been awarded by the Colorado Parks & Recreation Association Foundation/Colorado Releaf for trees at Plainview School for windbreak
40 Years Ago
April 14, 1978
- A team from the University of Colorado agreed to design a master plan for development of the Nee Grande Reservoir.
- Outgoing Mayor Jerri Legg "suggested" to the new Eads Town Board of Trustees that the town co-op with the towns of Cheyenne Wells & Kit Carson to hire a full-time city coordinator to develop business, industry and recreational advantages in the 3 towns.
- A fund-raising carnival will be held in the Weisbord Hospital parking lot to raise funds for the hospital and nursing home.
50 Years Ago
April 12, 1968
- Rotary tools were rigged up early this week on another Kiowa County wildcat test south of Galatea.
- Weather predictors are expecting an unusual amount of tornado activity this year and officials in the area are being briefed on how to handle emergency situation related to the spring & summer tornado season.
- Wanted for the Nursing Home, new or used games, puzzles, checkers, cards, toys that could be mended, current magazines or books.
- Lamar Community College contestants brought home a few Honors from Laramie Wyoming. Bill Barlow from Chivington won 2ndin the first go-round in bull riding