Published Friday, February 2, 2018
15 Years Ago
January 31, 2003
- Great Outdoors Colorado Board awarded $150,000 in lottery funds to the Central Kiowa County Recreation District to help improve & expand the athletic facilities at the Eads Athletic Field.
- The Salvation Army store in Eads has closed its doors temporarily due to lack of volunteers to operate the store.
- Kiowa County Economic Development Foundation issuing a call for photographs of Kiowa County to be used to promote the county.
25 Years Ago
February 4, 1993
- A rash of UFO sightings across eastern Colorado have scientists and government officials looking for answers.
- Towner News-G.K & Ann Harkness: Anyone traveling highway 96 between Sheridan Lake & Towner discovered about a mile of the highway had collapsed.
40 Years Ago
February 3, 1978
- Fifty-six landowners & farm operators in Kiowa County petitioned Secretary of Agriculture Bob Bergland to authorize normal crop acreage on land once in government conservation programs which remains in vegetative cover.
- Potpourri: A new word is working its way into the nation's vocabulary these days: gasohol.
- Mr. & Mrs. V.A. Harris of Sheridan Lake experience an eerie & shaky feeling when a bullet from a high-powered gun sailed through the 3 walls of their home from an unknown source.
50 Years Ago
February 2, 1968
- A new project in Towner has created new employment for that small farming community and caused a greater demand for locally grown grains.