Published Friday, March 2, 2018
15 Years Ago
February 28, 2003
- The Haswell water nitrate levels are currently 11 though 10 is the maximum permitted
- A series of 3 community educational forums on renewable energy to be held to provide information & solicit feedback from Eastern Colorado citizens.
- The Salvation Army store remains closed due to the lack of volunteers to operate the store.
- USDA Update-Rod Johnson: Everything we are reading indicates that disaster aid for crops maybe months rather than weeks.
25 Years Ago
March 2, 1993
- Towner Tales-Ann Harkness: A little more than 200 who attended Weber's Water Service open house.
40 Years Ago
March 3, 1978
- Pharmacist Tom Davis intents to move to Eads to manage the Kiowa Drug and his brother Jerry has moved to Ordway to manage the store there.
- Electrical service was restored to Plainview School and surrounding area after 13 days without power from the devastating ice storm.
- Control of Southeast Colorado Power Association (REA) was taken over by a new board of directors.
50 Years Ago
March 1, 1968
- The First National Bank in Eads announce the bank would start closing all day on Saturdays beginning March 16.