15 Years Ago
April 23, 2004
- Ken Salazar, Colorado Attorney General and candidate for the United States Senate, made a stop in Eads speaking to a group of Democrat, Republican and Independents for about 45 minutes.
- Lucinda Perry, a resident of Kit Carson, is pleased to announce the publication of her first novel entitled "Where There's a Will."
25 Years Ago
April 29, 1994
- President Bill Clinton ordered flags across the nation to be lowered to half-staff to honor the memory of Richard M. Nixon, who died after suffering a stroke earlier in the week.
- Strong winds blew through Kiowa County raising a cloud of dust and debris which cut visibility and made travel on area highways difficult.
40 Years Ago
April 27, 1979
- Southeast Colorado Power Association has begun preliminary work on the new 69KV H-Structure line they plan to build to Eads.
- For those of you who might have forgotten, Sunday morning, April 29, is when we spring ahead 1 hour and and lose out on an hour of needed sleep.
- The Weisbrod Memorial County Hospital and Nursing Home has received an award from the American Hospital Association for achieving a significant energy savings at the facility.
- The Carson & Barnes 5-Ring Wild Animal Circus comes to Lamar Fairground for performances May 2, sponsored by Volunteer Firefighters.