15 Years Ago
June 4, 2004
- Jessica Watts chosen for All-State Volleyball games to be played in Denver.
- Seven candidates are seeking to serve as trustees for the Town of Eads Board. Three candidates with the highest votes will receive 4-year terms and the next three 2-year terms.
25 Years Ago
June 10, 1994
- Recent large drops in the prices of feed cattle and soybeans have led the Farmers Union to call for a Justice Department investigation into possible price manipulation and anti-trust violations.
- Towner Tales-Ann Harkness: The wheat has been changing in color this past week as temperatures soared once again into the 90's.
40 Years Ago
June 8, 1979
- The possible build-up in grasshopper numbers predicted last fall appears now to have become a reality.
- An airplane used for advertising promotion made an emergency landing north of Brandon. The pilot feared the cattle close by might damage the fabric-winged airplane so pushed the plane across the area that was fenced off by an electric fence.
50 Years Ago
June 6, 1969
Kiowa County Sheriff Eugene Kelley told the Press his office has been flooded with complaints indicating that a number of individuals in cars have persisted in damaging or destroying public and private property. Sheriff Kelley has made adequate warnings and his office will begin issuing tickets.