15 Years Ago
February 6, 2004
* The Rivers, Trails, and Conservation Assistance Program of the National Park Service has awarded a grant for technical assistance to the Kiowa County Economic Development Foundation to develop the Kiowa County Community Conservation Plan in 2004.
* Weisbrod Memorial Hospital and Nursing Home has undertaken and is about to complete a new heating and cooling upgrade for the total building.
25 Years Ago
February 11, 1994
* Effective January 1, 1994, Colorado law requires consumers who turn over used motor vehicle tires to tire retailers, to pay $1 on each "waste" tire.
* Keith Wissel, owner of Wissel Dry Goods, arrived at his store to discovered that it had been broken into. The stolen safe and merchandise were just a few of many items stolen in Kiowa County over the weekend. Cigarettes were taken from Stop & Shop and several vehicles were also stolen
40 Years Ago
February 9, 1979
* Daryll Adamson announced his resignation as Kiowa County Undersheriff at a news conference.
* Mr. & Mrs. Denis Weber returned from a wonderful week on some of the Hawaiian Islands. Christmas Eve, their seven children had surprised them with plane tickets.
50 Years Ago
February 7, 1969
* As result of an order signed February 3, 1969, the Missouri Pacific Railroad depot and agency in Eads will remain open.
75 Years Ago
February 4, 1944
* Sheriff C.A. Wood of Kiowa County was elected president of the Southeastern Colorado Peace Officers association.
* With only one more week to go, the Kiowa County has only reached the 54% mark on the Fourth War Loan quota, with total of $68,143.25 paid in. In Community standing Prairie Queen ranks first with 117%, Arlington second with 76% and Eads third with 49% of quota.