Published Saturday, February 23, 2019
15 Years Ago
February 20, 2004
- Christy Hopkins, senior mass communications and film major from Towner, was among students listed in Winfield Kansas Southwestern College 2004 edition of "Who's Who"
- Great Plains Gardening-Edith Koeller: Many years ago, the gardener gathered up some dirt in a large container from the garden area placing it in the oven to sterilize the soil.
- Our Place restaurant was the site of a candlelight Valentine's dinner. In the hour we were there, we saw diners from Kit Carson, Sheridan Lake, Lamar and Eads.
25 Years Ago
February 25, 1994
- Eads Town Manager Steve G. Rabe has resigned his position with the town to accept a job as city manager in Yuma.
- The Third Annual Easter Cantata, written and directed by local instructor and musician Bob Seay, is currently being practiced Sundays from 2-4pm
- Towner Tales-Ann Harkness: Friday was the kind of day farmers hate to witness. The high winds began shortly after sunrise and by mid-afternoon the fields were beginning "to smoke."
- Nursing Home News: Barb Diel has found herself so busy with so many projects she will no longer teach ceramics.
40 Years Ago
February 23, 1979
- The ARTREK, a 40-foot trailer-van containing an exhibition which featured works of art from the collection of the Denver Art Museum was on display at Eads High School was termed a great success.
- West-end News-Elda Stavely: One of nature's most dramatic events, a solar eclipse, will occur Monday, February 26
- Plainview finished their regular league games by downing Eads 57-55 and retaining their perfect record for the season with 18 wins.
50 Years Ago
February 21, 1969
- Lease activity in Kit Carson, Cheyenne, Kiowa and Prowers counties continues strong, with perhaps Kiowa County leading when comparing records of the other counties.