Published Wednesday, February 27, 2019
15 Years Ago
February 27, 2004
- Luther Vocke recently accepted the position of Postmaster in Eads. Vocke grew up in Holly and has worked for USPS in Lamar for most of the past 10 years.
- About Town- Ida & Doris Lessenden: Ruth Rose who has sat on the second-row bench at ball games for years, was honored at recent basketball game, as Honored Senior Citizen. Other Honored Citizens have been Gene and Charlotte Lynn of Springfield, and Margaret Frazee. Margaret has lived in or near Eads for 79 years.
- Wild Horse Roundup- Curtis Shrimp: I read in the Range Ledger a report at the Historical Society about the C.C.C. camp at Cheyenne Wells. That really takes me back in time. I joined along with other fellows from here and Sheridan Lake. They loaded up in an Army truck and we thought we were heading for Red Feather Lake. But when we got out of the truck in Hugo, we were home. It was a job with something to wear and eat and $30 a month which they gave us $5 and sent $25 home.
25 Years Ago
March 4, 1994
- The Eads Town Council voted to rescind Town Manager Steve Rabe's resignation and enter into contract negotiations to continue his position.
- Weisbrod Memorial Hospital recently added approximately $200,000 worth of equipment to improve patient care.
- Wild Horse News-Curtis Schrimp: There was a bicycle rider from Virginia headed to Aspen. I talked to him a little bit in Kit Carson and told him he ought to have his head examine headed to the mountains in winter
40 Years Ago
March 2, 1979
- Elden Reinert, Farm Bureau Insurance Service Agent of Eads, was presented with the "Life-Man of 1978" award.
- Anyone who keeps tracks of birthdays and are up on their history know Kiowa County will soon be celebrating its 90thbirthday on April 11.
50 Years Ago
February 28, 1969
- The King's Daughters, the Missionary Women of the Federated Church, and their husbands viewed the heavenly bodies in the Planetarium at the Lamar High School. Later they explored the underground communication plant south of Lamar.