15 Years Ago
January 14, 2005
- Wild Horse Roundup- Curtis Schrimp: The picture of the old movie theater in the Hugo paper brought back memories. When I was in the C.C.C. in 1935, I went to quite a few shows there.
25 Years Ago
January 13, 1995
- About Town- Ida Lessenden: Isn't the new postage stamp a headache? But with the little $.03 stamp, you get to have pretty birds on them to add to your left over $.29 stamps.
- Nursing Home News- Nellie Nickert: The Auxiliary ladies pinned name tags, corsages and boutonnieres on each resident before serving dinner of steak beef and shrimp.
40 Years Ago
January 11, 1980
- Eads has been selected as the site for this year's area "Little Britches Rodeo."
- As the result of a desire many to have a reunion or "get-together" of the Haswell school, it has been decided to attempt a gathering this coming summer.
50 Years Ago
January 7, 1970
- Brandon: The hopes and dreams of the Brandon folks of attaining a oil well in town were shattered when L & F Drilling Company of Lamar hit a duster and moved their equipment to another location.