15 Year Ago
July 22, 2005
- West End Wavelength - Michelle Wyckoff: Wanda and Virgil branded Sunday, so you know what that means. Everyone in 'town' begged to help so we would all squeeze in there for prize-winning dinner.
25 Years Ago
July 21, 1995
- The District 4-H Horse Show held at the Sand & Sage Fairgrounds. In the intermediate division was Brandy Shalberg from Kiowa County, who took top-around honors.
40 Years Ago
July 18, 1980
- The Nation's top Little Britches Rodeo will be in Eads to perform 22 approved events.
- From the Sheriff's Desk - Floyd Griswould: Anyone that may have borrowed, or anyone that seen someone pulling one of those large implement carries from the Barlow shop, please call the office.
- From the Sheriff's Desk - Floyd Griswould: Anyone who borrowed or knows of someone who borrowed and 8' stock tank from Benny Fischer, please call the office.
50 Years Ago
July 17, 1970
- Twenty-four cars of the Missouri Pacific train derailed six miles west of Haswell, stopping rail traffic in both directions.
100 Years Ago
July 16, 1920
- Neiman and Hicks are making good progress on the building to be devoted to a planing mill. The walls are nearing completion and already show what a substantial building this will become.