15 Year Ago
November 18, 2005
- New store in Eads, called Thursdays on Maine, held a "sneak preview."
- David Kraft was the State Motocross Championship for the second year in a row. Don Lynn finished 4th and Bryce Kraft took 8th overall in his class.
25 Years Ago
November 17, 1995
- FSA Update- Rod Johnson: It finally official. We are now the Farm Service Agency CFSA. Although we have been using FSA for the past couple of months, it is now official.
- Wild Horse Roundup- Curtis Schrimp: Billie Lafferty and I went to Boyero and watched the prairie fire. I believe that was as big a fire as I have ever seen.
40 Years Ago
November 14, 1980
- The 80-foot-high, 40,000-bushel frame and corrugated steel Boulware Elevator, structure since 1946, fell before a crane-swung wrecking ball.
- The annual Eads High School Powder Puff football game turned out to be an exciting one even though the teams battled to 0-0 tie.
November 13, 1970
- Miss Ruthanna Jacobs submitted the winning slogan, "A Place in the Sun," in the SCEDD Regional Ambassadors Campaign contest.
75 Years Ago
November 9, 1945
- W.H. Culver, who has operated the Culver's Service Station the past two years, has purchased the property, including the station, equipment, restaurant, and tract of lots.
100 Years Ago
November 12, 1920
- Sometime Saturday night, the J.W. Blair hardware store was entered by burglars and about $270 in cash taken. Mr. Blair is offering $50 reward for his arrest and conviction.
- The Kit Carson girls' game was forfeited to Eads 2-0 because of unbecoming language and rough play, which disqualified the referee and every Kit Carson player.