15 Year Ago
June 2, 2006
- As the West End Turns- Michelle Wyckoff: Michelle Nelson would like to encourage everyone to come to the Nation's Smallest Jail Renovation Fund Raiser
- Kit Carson Clips- Marilyn White: We got seven-tenths inch of rain with some pea size hail. Very Cool this morning and tempting to kick on the furnace.
25 Years Ago
May 31, 1996
- The Great Plains Reservoir Project, located in Kiowa County, will receive a $2.5 Million Legacy Grant. The goal of the project is to develop the first state park in southeast Colorado.
- East End Events- Ann M. Harkness & Co: Memorial Day weekend brought much needed rain to the area. Amounts 3.5 to 4 inches over the 72-hour period.
40 Years Ago
May 29, 1981
- Missouri Pacific Railroad faces the upcoming grain harvest with a surplus of covered hopper freight cars and sees little trouble in handling what could be an excellent harvest in Kansas, Nebraska and western Missouri.
- Nursing Home News- LaVerne Fisher: A long overdue congratulations to Fay Holcomb for her winning entry in the Rocky Mountain Writers Guild, Inc.
50 Years Ago
May 28, 1971
- Trucks form Goodwill Industries will be in the area, weather permitting, to pick up household discards from residents.
- The annual Arlington Day was observed at Colorado Boys Ranch commemorating the presentation of the Arlington Church to the Ranch for a chapel.