15 Year Ago
September 29, 2006
- USDA Update- Rod Johnson: Most areas of the county have received adequate precipitation for planting winter wheat although subsoil moisture is short in eastern portions. I heard a report of light frost in low lying areas east of Eads.
25 Years Ago
September 27, 1996
- Wild Horse Roundup- Curtis Schrimp: When Eldon Stoker was remodeling, he tore out some boards and old newspapers were stuck to them. He brought them to us as the house is where my wife was born. The paper was a 1913 edition of the Wild Horse Times.
40 Years Ago
September 25, 1981
- Kiowa County Cowbelles hosted the Southeast Colorado Cowbelles with a social tea at the courthouse. Honored guest was Tommy Rose, pioneer rancher-cattleman and the oldest rancher in Kiowa County.
- A very enjoyable reunion was held at Eads when 98 former students, teachers and friends met for the first such reunion ever held for Brandonites.
- Mr. V.E. Foxworthy expects to harvest more than three bushels of apples off his apple "orchard" that consist of two trees.
October 8, 1971
- Mrs. Clayton (Gloria) Peck was listed in the 1972-73 edition of Who's Who among American Women.
- Weisbrod Hospital Board to consider joint medical communications system.