Published Sunday, September 5, 2021
15 Year Ago
September 8, 2006
- Kit Carson Clips- Marilyn White: Another Kit Carson Day has come and went. The weather was perfect, a delicious barbecue meal served. The parade was too short, so we need to dream up more floats for next year.
- Purple People Eater-E $5.00 Fair Special Thursday Rocky Mt. Oysters, Friday Super Burrito, Saturday Spaghetti
25 Years Ago
September 6, 1996
- The Superintendent of the Lamar school district says he will recommend that the school board fire the former athletic director.
- The Union Pacific Railroad will slash about 1,100 Denver administrative jobs, shifting them to St. Louis and Omaha.
40 Years Ago
September 4, 1981
- From the Sheriff's Desk- Floyd Griswould: I have received complaints of low flying planes have caused horses to go through fences and cattle to be frightened away from water tanks.
- Eads Nursing Home- LaVerne Fischer: How great the people around here are. Our anonymous donor who sends flowers monthly to the residents just arrived.
50 Years Ago
September 10, 1971
- The First National Bank announced that it will re-instate its previous Friday hours-open until 5:00 pm.
- The annual Kiowa County Gymkhana will be held at the Haswell arena. This will be an all-trophy gymkhana with 19 trophies being given and no prize money.