Pages from the Past - From our 135-year Archives for December 11, 2022
15 Years Ago
December 7, 2007
- The Kiowa County Sheriff’s Office implemented an immediate fire ban due to unseasonably warm temperatures, dry conditions, and high to very high fire conditions.
- Kit Carson Clips- Marilyn White: I have noticed this past week the ice on the tank is getting thicker and thicker. It could be because it’s December?
25 Years Ago
December 5, 1997
- USDA Update- Rod Johnson: More snow was received this week. It’s been a long winter already and it’s still FALL!
- CHSAA named 2,333 students to the spring activities season Academic All-State team, including two from Kit Cason High School and nine from Eads High School.
40 Years Ago
December 3, 1982
- A group of about 90 people met at the Eads High School Gym November 30, to discuss the mil levy referendum. The notice was sent November 24 before Thanksgiving, making this a very short notice to the public.
- 50 Useful things you can do with this newspaper #37. Make paper airplanes at political dinners.
50 Years Ago
December 8, 1972
- A new youth organization has been started at Eads High School - Future Business Leaders of America.
75 Years Ago
December 5, 1947
- L.C. Rutledge suffered a financial loss in a garage fire at Lamar. Rutledge purchase a new Buick automobile in Kansas and had stopped by Lampton-Buick in Lamar to have it checked. The car had only been in the garage a few minutes when the building caught fire and destroyed it.
100 Years Ago
December 8, 1922
- Sheriff McCracken, not wishing to embarrass the new sheriff with all this collection of Hoocherinos, will hold a sale December 23. Its a little late to get in shape for Christmas, but could be done in time for New Years. How much do you bid?