- Cases 82
- Hospitalizations 3
- Deaths 3
*These are cumulative totals as of 12/29/2020 5pm
- CASES PAST 7 days: 2
Kiowa county is currently at 6.19%, down from 11.34% last week. Our goal is to keep
this less than five percent. This metric is declining well
Incidence Rate and Test Positivity
Incidence Rate (cases/100,000 population) has not started trending downward.
Test positivity (the percentage of positives/total tests done) is declining. Keep up the good work
so that we can get the case rate down quickly and ease restrictions.
- Kiowa County is dial Level Red, but will move back to Level Orange Monday.
- Colorado identified the first US case of the variant of COVID (called B.1.1.7). This is the same one that has been in the news from the UK. The person is a male in his 20s from Elbert County. He has no travel history.
- School will resume in person soon. Stay in touch with your school district for the latest information. CHSAA was given a variance by CDPHE to start Season B sports (basketball, wrestling, girls swimming and spirit) practice January 18. This delays Season C and D sports seasons as well.
- Vaccine! Public Health and the hospital have gotten vaccine. It will be administered according to CDPHE and CDC prioritization. See covid19.colorado.gov/vaccine for more information on prioritization.
- If you think you may have symptoms of COVID-19, or may have been exposed, and are interested in testing, call 719-438-5401 and ask for the lab. If you are having severe symptoms such as significant trouble breathing, etc. call 911.
- There continues to be a Mask Mandate for those over the age of 10 in all indoor spaces other than home.
- Stay home if not feeling well, cover coughs and sneezes, wash hands frequently or use 60 percent or great alcohol-based hand sanitizer, wear a mask/face covering to contain any respiratory droplets and stay at least 6 feet from others. Minimize gatherings.
- If you have been told to isolate or quarantine, please stay home! The laws and guidance are here: https://covid19.colorado.gov/are-you-sick/isolation-and-quarantine
Call 719-336-8721 with questions. You can check https://covid19.colorado.gov for information or email email@example.com with any business/event plans or questions. We appreciate your patience in this busy and trying time!