15 Years Ago
November 16, 2007
- The Eads Chamber of Commerce will again be sponsoring a Christmas Lighting Contest to all residences in Eads.
- About Town- Melissa Peterson & Doris Lessenden: The Weisbrod Hospital staff hosted a splendid Thanksgiving dinner for many of the nursing home residents and their families.
- The ninth Annual Healing Spiritual Healing Run will start at the Sand Creek Massacre Site and continue to Eads for the annual Community Thanksgiving Dinner.
- Statewide mass vaccination will occur November 17.
25 Years Ago
November 14, 1997
- Checks totaling $1,600 were presented to Future Farmer of America. The money was derived from the proceeds of the first annual Kiowa County Demolition Derby held at the fair.
- Wild Horse Roundup- Curtis Schrimp: Pretty quiet at our house during the Bronco's game as I didn't have to keep yelling at the TV telling them what they were doing wrong.
40 Years Ago
November 12, 1982
- At a special meeting, the Kiowa County RE-1 School Board decided to go to a vote of the electors and request a mill levy increase.
50 Years Ago
November 17, 1972
- Snow dumps nine inches of snow in the Eads area. Chivington area reported problems of drifting. Howard Eitel reported he had 100 head of cattle missing. Haswell had 5 to 6 inches of snow, with high winds caused drifting.
75 Years Ago
November 14, 1947
- Eads School Band won first prize at the Lamar School Band Festival. Along with the win, came a cash prize of $25.