15 Years Ago
September 14, 2007
- USDA Update- Rod Johnson: The price of wheat is being pushed higher by short carryover supplies and internationally low production of wheat. Wheat cash price in Kiowa County is $7.80 per bushel.
- About Town- Melissa Peterson & Doris Lessenden: It was really good to see and hear the Eads marching band in the parade.
25 Years Ago
September 12, 1997
- Kiowa County Deputy Sheriff Jack Howard, reported to the Eads City Council a private company which builds correctional facilities is looking for location in which to build.
- About Town- Ida Lessenden: A tip of the hat goes to Amy Weirich who spent over eight hours painting the huge sign on the highway "Welcome EHS Alumni 1917-1997."
40 Years Ago
September 10, 1982
- The Primary Elections will be held in Kiowa County and the rest of the state next Tuesday.
- From The Sheriff's Desk- Floyd Griswould: I thought for a while we were going to have to fill the meeting room with prisoners. The driving got just a little too wild and noisy on the streets of Eads.
50 Years Ago
September 15, 1972
- Sheridan Lake News- Mrs. Oren White: The most important news, Mr. & Mrs. A.V. Harris new pickup was found, though it had been wrecked, near Limon.
75 Years Ago
September 12, 1947
- Infield-Wegner Grain Company of Eads suffered extensive financial loss when fire swept through one of their warehouses at the elevator.