15 Years Ago
September 5, 2008
- About Town- Melissa Peterson & Doris Lessenden: The Youth Council of Eads High School was working out in the blazing sun and blasting winds pulling weed and raking at the park near the railroad tracks.
- The National FFA organization selected from a pool of more than 600 candidates nation-wide, the Eads FFA Chapter as a three star winner in the National FFA Chapter award program.
25 Years Ago
September 4, 1998
- Highway 287 south of Eads was closed when a truck driver crashed through construction barricades causing his cargo of industrial cleaner to leak.
- USDA Update- Rod Johnson: With the increase acreage of spring crops, storage will be at a premium this fall. Between three crops, we have about 20,000 acres above normal for harvest.
40 Years Ago
September 9, 1983
- Nursing Home News- LaVerne Fischer: Everyone enjoyed the peaches given by Rhua Sloan and Neta Dunlap. These were home grown, tree ripened, and delicious.
50 Years Ago
September 7, 1973
- For the first time, the Grand Ole Opry will present a full show in front of the Kiowa County Fairgrounds grandstands.
- Mrs. Bob (Bert) Howerton of Eads landed a 32-inch 12 pound catfish from Nee No She.