Pages from the Past - From our 136-year Archives for September 24, 2023
15 Years Ago
September 19, 2008
- USDA Update- Rod Johnson: Due to Hurricane Ike, the national Farm Bill training scheduled for trainers was postponed.
- East End Event-Sharon Scott: Towner has two new homes sitting on lots. It’s so nice to see new homes coming in instead of empty houses standing around.
- Kit Carson Clips-Marilyn White: The Wild Horse club’s pitch party had four active tables of cards. As always, there were good snacks and food to munch on.
September 18, 1998
- Junior livestock exhibitors at the Kiowa County Fair were well rewarded for their efforts: sales totaled $56,000
40 Years Ago
September 23, 1983
- The number of animals at the Kiowa County 4-H Stock Sale was an all-time high, but total receipts were down from 1982
- Dr. David Pimentel, new Superintendent of Plainview and his family are being honored at a free hamburger cookout sponsored by the Sheridan Lake Lion’s Club.
50 Years Ago
September 21, 1973
- Kiowa County was one of nine Colorado counties to register sales gains of more than 25 percent during the second quarter of 1973.
- A program offered by University of Colorado Board of Regents, offers nearly 100 courses at no charge to senior citizens 60 years old and older.
75 Years Ago
- Carolyn Ballard, daughter of Mr. & Mrs. R.L. Ballard of Eads, will sing over KLMR.
100 Years Ago
- It is rumored that Clifford Guy purchased Willie Chillson’s car.