Important information for Colorado voters:
In person voting on Election Day, Tuesday November 8, 2022, will be available from 7 a.m.-7 p.m.
Eligible Coloradans can register to vote and update their voter registration at GoVoteColorado.gov through October 31, 2022 to receive a ballot in the mail. After, Coloradans can still register to vote, receive a ballot, and vote in person at a Voter Service and Polling Center (VSPC) until 7 p.m. on Election Day.
All Colorado voters can sign up to track their ballot from sent to counted using BallotTrax.
This year over 400 drop boxes and over 350 voting centers will be available for voters by October 24, 2022. Some locations will open prior to October 24, 2022 and voters can look up their locations, opening date, and hours at GoVoteColorado.gov.
Important upcoming dates for the 2022 General Election in Colorado
- October 17 - First day ballots can be mailed to registered Colorado voters, except for military and overseas voters.
- October 21 - Deadline for mail ballots to be sent to each registered eligible voter for the 2022 General Election.
- October 24 - The minimum number of required VSPCs must be open for the 2022 General Election. Drop boxes open to accept mail ballots for the 2022 General Election statewide.
- October 31 - Deadline to submit an application to register to vote through the mail, a voter registration agency, a local driver's license examination facility, or online and receive a ballot by mail for the 2022 General Election.
- November 1 - Last suggested day to return ballots by mail.
- November 2 - Suggested date for all voters to submit ballots at VSPC or drop box, and not by mail.
- November 8 - Election Day. Eligible voters must have submitted their ballot or be in line to vote by 7 p.m. for their ballot to be counted. Ballots cast by military and overseas voters must be sent no later than 7 p.m. on Election Day and received 11:59 p.m. on the 8th day after the election (November 16).
Colorado voters can visit GoVoteColorado.gov to:
- Register to vote or update their voter registration
- Find their local County Clerk
- Find their closest drop box or voting center
- Sign up to track their ballot using BallotTrax
- Find accurate election information