IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER:
- CRP signup dates - General SU 56 - June 14 - July 23; Continuous SU 55 - June 14 - August 6
- Spring Acreage Reporting Deadline - July 15
- PRIMARY NESTING SEASON - March 15 - July 15
Disclaimer: Information in this UPDATE is pertinent to Kiowa County FSA only. Producers reading this and that do not have FSA interest in Kiowa County are advised to contact their local FSA Office.
THE USDA SERVICE CENTER HAS A DROP BOX AVAILABLE ON THE EAST SIDE OF THE BUILDING.
CRP SIGNUP UPDATE
Changes to the current CRP signup have been announced and signup has begun. Signup dates are as follows.
- CRP General - June 14 - July 23
- CRP Continuous - June 14 - August 6
Kiowa County FSA Office will be working the next couple of weeks to get the information to producers who inquired about submitting an offer or have a CRP contract that will expire September 30, 2021. The information that will be emailed or mailed to the producer will be the following:
- TERRA scenario for each tract that will tell the producer the revised soil rental rate (excluding incentives).
- Land location for Conservation Priority Areas. Specifically, if the land is located within the Lesser Prairie Chicken Area. If the land is located in the LPC area; the producer can offer the land into the LPC SAFE Continuous signup.
- Fact sheets for both General and Continuous signup.
- Instructions to submit an offer.
We do ask for your patience, as the office is currently short staffed and working to complete the TERRA tract reports. When producers receive the information from the office, please call the office to schedule your appointment. Notify the office by June 30th, if you have not received an envelope or an email from Kiowa County FSA staff regarding CRP signup.
Each county office will be handling signup differently; the information above is pertinent only to producers in Kiowa County.
Producers can obtain information regarding CRP signup at www.Farmers.gov website.
FARM SERVICE AGENCY JOB OPENING
Applications are currently being accepted for a permanent Program Technician position. All interest applicants must apply through the USAjobs.gov website. Deadline to apply is Thursday, June 17. The job announcement number is FSACO-11135198-21-CO-CJ for easier access.
If applying online poses a hardship, contact USA jobs at 515-331-8495 well before the closing date for an alternate method. All hardship application packages must be complete and submitted no later than noon ET on the closing date of the announcement to be entered into the system prior to its closing.
For applicants who are not familiar with the application process through USA jobs, be certain to read the entire announcement and give special attention the 'required documents' portion of the announcement.
2021 SPRING ACREAGE REPORTING DEADLINE
REPORTING DEADLINE JULY 15
Producers who have completed planting spring seeded crops and have not reported planted acres to FSA or crop insurance are reminded to file an acreage report before July 15 with either your crop insurance agent or FSA.
Call the office if you would like a copy of your maps sent to you; so that you can complete your portion of the acreage report at your leisure.
The office will require the following information for acreage reporting be marked on the aerial map by the producer.
- Crop planted - corn, grain sorghum, millet (proso or common), forage sorghum,
- Acreage planted - number of acres planted per field
- Plant date of the crop
- Intended use of the crop - most common is for grain, graze or forage.
- Crop share or cash lease - shares per farm. If cash leased, current cash lease will need to be on file.
The following crops must be reported prior to the July 15 deadline.
- Perennial forage
- Grain Sorghum including Dual Purpose Sorghum
- Sorghum forage feed
The majority of all FSA programs require an accurate acreage report be filed to determine eligibility. Late-filed acreage reports will be assessed a $46.00 measurement service fee per farm.