USDA Update – May 9, 2023
IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER
- EMERGENCY GRAZING AVAILABLE ON CERTAIN CRP CONTRACTS - after March 15 - 50% reduced stocking rate
- 2023 LIVESTOCK FORAGE PROGRAM or LFP – Kiowa eligible
- CRP GRASSLANDS SIGNUP - begins April 17, 2023, ends May 26, 2023
- ERP Phase 2 and PARP Deadline - June 2, 2023
Disclaimer: Information in this UPDATE is pertinent to Kiowa County FSA only. Producers reading this and that do not have FSA interest in Kiowa County are advised to contact their local FSA Office.
THE USDA SERVICE CENTER HAS A DROP BOX AVAILABLE ON THE EAST SIDE OF THE BUILDING.
The rain received last week in eastern Colorado forced some changes in the Drought Monitor, the D3, extreme drought status in Pueblo and surrounding counties has been removed. In Kiowa and surrounding counties, the D1 moderate drought was downgraded to D0 abnormally dry. The D2 intensity remains in western and small area of D2 and D3 in eastern Kiowa County. Hopefully more rain will be headed our way in the weeks to come.
Below is a brief update on the current programs FSA is administering.
- CRP Grasslands Signup #205 - Expiring or expired CRP and native pastureland is eligible land to offer. To submit the offer, the land must have been owned or operated for one year by the end of signup. The rental rate for Kiowa County is $18.00 per acre. Offers are being accepted through May 26, 2023.
- 2023 Livestock Forage Program or LFP- Kiowa County has triggered for 3-month payment on native grass, due to drought conditions. Counties trigger for LFP based on drought intensities from the U.S. Drought Monitor. Eligible producers with eligible grazing land can apply before January 30, 2024.
- ERP 2 - is a program designed to provide assistance to producers who did not qualify for ERP phase 1 program for crop years 2020 and 2021. More information can be found @ https://www.fsa.usda.gov/programs-and-services/emergency-relief/index or contact your local FSA office. Deadline to submit a completed application is June 2, 2023
- PARP - will assist eligible producers of agricultural commodities who experienced revenue decreases in calendar year 2020 compared to 2018 or 2019 due to the COVID-19 pandemic. More information can be found @ www.farmers.gov/coronavirus/pandemic-assistance/parp or contact your local FSA office. Deadline to submit a completed application is June 2, 2023.