By the Eads USDA Service Center
IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER:
- CCC-633EZ - Loan Deficiency Payment (LDP) agreement and request - MUST BE SIGNED AND ON FILE WITH FSA OFFICE BEFORE HARVEST.
- 2nd Tuesday each month - Farm Loan personnel in Kiowa County FSA Office.
- March 15 - July 15th - Primary Nesting Season for CRP. No practice or management activity allowed.
- July 15th - Production submission deadline for 2015 NAP crops.
- July 15th - Acreage reporting deadline for planted spring crops and CRP
- August 1 - Deadline to request farm reconstitution or farm transfer for 2016. This includes transfers for physical county ARC-CO yields.
- August 1 - 2016 ARC-PLC Enrollment Deadline
- August 1 - County Committee Nomination Deadline - LAA 3 - west end
- CRP GRASSLANDS SIGNUP - No date announced for deadline.
The weather has delayed the start of the majority of the wheat harvest as the rain has been received in most all areas of the county. We all remember the drought years and no wheat harvest. The moisture is always welcome in Kiowa County. We take it when we get it.
LOAN DEFICIENCY PAYMENT (LDP)
The past week the wheat price has been low and seems to be getting lower by the day. Producers have been scrambling to get to their FSA office to get their CCC-633EZ, 'Loan Deficiency Payment (LDP) Agreement and Request'. Just a few things to remember about LDP's.
- Page 1 of the CCC-633EZ must be on file in the FSA office prior to losing title and control of the commodity.
- Page 2 of the CCC-633EZ is the part of the form the producer will complete to request the LDP. The producer requesting the LDP must have be an eligible producer with interest in the crop. Producers that have not completed their annual acreage report will reflect as an ineligible producer.
- Both page 1 and page 2 must be signed and dated by the producer.
- When producer requests an LDP - FSA will use the effective date of LDP rate either Date of LDP request or Date Beneficial interest was lost.
Ex. Producer sells 10,000 bushels on 7/31/2016 that FSA in the county where the grain is stored has a 10 cent LDP. The producer can wait until January 1, 2017 to request that $1,000.00 LDP. The producer has page one of the form signed prior to loss of beneficial interest and FSA will use the date for LDP when beneficial interest was lost.
Producers with farm storage and sale contracts with future delivery dates; be certain that title and control of the grain is retained until delivery.
Below are the LDP rates for June 23rd through June 30th for wheat. This will be a new item every week and as other commodities mature for harvest those will added. Loan rates vary by county, LDP and PCP rates for other counties can be obtained at the following web site.
USDA SERVICE CENTER CONTACT INFORMATION
FSA (Ext 2)
NRCS (Ext 3)
FSA Fax number: fax2mail 844-332-7501
E-mail individuals firstname.lastname@example.org
KIOWA COUNTY FARM LOAN CONTACT INFO
Telephone 719-336-3437 (ext2)
SERVICE CENTER OFFICE HOURS:
Monday through Friday
8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
By appointment only on Friday.
For information on programs visit our website located at www.fsa.usda.gov or like us on Facebook, or follow us on Twitter.