IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER:
- CRP Contract Management - Contact FSA or NRCS with questions. Producers have been notified of required completion dates.
- County Committee Meeting - Tuesday, November 14th @ 9:00
- October 1st - November 30th - Fiscal Year 2018 First CRP grazing period - Contract Management. FSA and NRCS approval required
- November 12th - Last date to remove hay bales from CRP (FSA prior approval required)
- November 15th - 2018 ACREAGE REPORTING DEADLINE - 2018 fall seeded crops, native grass, triticale and alfalfa crop reporting deadline.
- December 1, 2017 - 2018 Non-insurable Crop Assistance Program (NAP) application closing date for Alfalfa, Grass, Mixed Forage
- NOW!! - File form CCC-633 EZ page 1 with FSA before losing beneficial interest to maintain Loan Deficiency Payment (LDP) eligibility. (To request payments, producers need to submit page 2 of the CCC-633EZ)
- FARM LOAN Personnel in Kiowa County Service Center - November 14th
- CRP Continuous Signup - CRP Grassland acres are available. Producers interested are urged to contact FSA Office.
Disclaimer: Information in this UPDATE is pertinent to Kiowa County FSA only. Producers reading this and that do not have FSA interest in Kiowa County are advised to contact their local FSA Office.
GOOD LUCK, ALICIA
The Service Center said goodbye and good luck to NRCS Altima employee, Alicia James as she has accepted another job offer. She will remain here in Eads. We enjoyed having Alicia in the office, as she always has a smile and helpful attitude. Good luck Alicia, we will miss you.
ACREAGE REPORTING DEADLINE
The office still has a number producers who have not completed their 2018 fall report of acreage. The deadline is Wednesday, November 15th. We realize producers are busy with harvest, however after November 15th, a late-filed fee will be assessed, and the late file fee is $46.00 per farm. When visiting the office be certain to have the number of acres and the plant dates.
Thirty days from now will be the deadline for purchasing a 2018 Non insurable Assistance Program (NAP) policy for alfalfa, native grass and mixed forage. Producers who qualify as Beginning Farmers or Socially Disadvantaged (includes women) do not have to pay the application fee. If you do not fall under one of those two categories, the application fee is $250.00 per crop per producer. Again the deadline is Friday, December 1st, 2017.
Kiowa County FSA Committee
- Destiny Haase - LAA 2 - Central area - Committee Chairperson
- Sean Harkness - LAA 1 - East area - Committee Vice-Chairperson
- Michael Zimmerman - LAA3 - West area - Committee Regular Member
USDA SERVICE CENTER CONTACT INFORMATION
Telephone 719-438-5851 FSA (Ext 2), NRCS (Ext 3). FSA Fax number: fax2mail 844-332-7501
KIOWA COUNTY FARM LOAN CONTACT INFO - CALL FOR AN APPOINTMENT
Telephone 719-336-3437 (ext2) Mary Rhoades, email@example.com
SERVICE CENTER OFFICE HOURS:
Monday through Friday - 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Friday, by appointment only.
For information on programs visit our website located at www.fsa.usda.gov or like us on Facebook, or follow us on Twitter.