IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER:
- HOLIDAY OPEN HOUSE - December 21st 1:00 to 4:00 at Service Center.
- USDA SERVICE CENTER CLOSED - Monday, December 25th and Monday, January 1st
- CRP Contract Management - Contact FSA or NRCS with questions. Producers have been notified of required completion dates.
- County Committee Meeting - January 16th, 2018
- NOW!! - File form CCC-633 EZ page 1 with FSA before losing beneficial interest to maintain Loan Deficiency Payment (LDP) eligibility. (To request payments, producers need to submit page 2 of the CCC-633EZ)
- FARM LOAN Personnel in Kiowa County Service Center - Tuesday, January 9th
- CRP Continuous Signup - CRP Grassland OFFERS ONLY. Producers interested are urged to contact FSA Office.
Disclaimer: Information in this UPDATE is pertinent to Kiowa County FSA only. Producers reading this and that do not have FSA interest in Kiowa County are advised to contact their local FSA Office.
This will be the last UPDATE for the year and did the year ever go fast. We wish all our producers and customers a Merry Christmas and a Happy, Healthy 2018. We hope you enjoy time with family and friends.
U.S. DROUGHT MONITOR
With the continued dry weather and above normal temperatures, the majority of the state of Colorado was recognized this week on the U.S. Drought Monitor. The majority of the state was registered as a DO - which translates to abnormally dry. I would encourage people to visit the U.S. Drought Monitor website at http://droughtmonitor.unl.edu/ as there are some informative maps with forecasts for the upcoming year.
2017 HARVESTED GRAIN
Producers who have 2017 harvested grain in storage on the farm are reminded that grain is eligible for a Marketing Assistance Loan with FSA. The loans are nine month loans that can be redeemed any time during the nine months. Requirements to be eligible producers must retain beneficial interest in the commodity which translates to control and title of the commodity.
- Control of the commodity - the producer retains the ability to make all decisions affecting the commodity, including movement and sale.
- Title to the commodity - producer has not sold, or has not delivered the commodity to a buyer.
If a producer has a contract on the grain, the FSA Office will require a copy of the contract to determine beneficial interest. Interest rate for the month of December is 2.5%. Producers can request a measurement service or certify the number of bushels on the farm.
The 2017 loan rates for Kiowa County are as follows:
- Wheat - $2.84 bu.
- Grain sorghum - 3.39 cwt.
- Corn - $2.09 bu.
The final date to obtain a loan for 2017 crops is March 31st for wheat and May 31st for corn and grain sorghum. Producers who are interested in obtaining a marketing loan are encouraged to call the FSA Office for more information.
Kiowa County FSA Committee
- Destiny Haase - LAA 2 - Central area - Committee Chairperson
- Sean Harkness - LAA 1 - East area - Committee Vice-Chairperson
- Michael Zimmerman - LAA3 - West area - Committee Regular Member
USDA SERVICE CENTER CONTACT INFORMATION
Telephone 719-438-5851 FSA (Ext 2), NRCS (Ext 3). FSA Fax number: fax2mail 844-332-7501
KIOWA COUNTY FARM LOAN CONTACT INFO - CALL FOR AN APPOINTMENT
Telephone 719-336-3437 (ext2) Mary Rhoades, firstname.lastname@example.org
SERVICE CENTER OFFICE HOURS:
Monday through Friday - 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Friday, by appointment only.
For information on programs visit our website located at www.fsa.usda.gov or like us on Facebook, or follow us on Twitter.