IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER:
- CRP Contract Management - Contact FSA or NRCS with questions. Producers have been notified of required completion dates.
- County Committee Meeting - Thursday, February 1st
- February 19th - SERVICE CENTER CLOSED - PRESIDENT'S DAY HOLIDAY
- NOW!! - File form CCC-633 EZ page 1 with FSA before losing beneficial interest to maintain Loan Deficiency Payment (LDP) eligibility. (To request payments, producers need to submit page 2 of the CCC-633EZ)
- FARM LOAN Personnel in Kiowa County Service Center - Wednesday, February 7th
- CRP Continuous Signup - CRP Grassland OFFERS ONLY. Producers interested are urged to contact FSA Office.
Disclaimer: Information in this UPDATE is pertinent to Kiowa County FSA only. Producers reading this and that do not have FSA interest in Kiowa County are advised to contact their local FSA Office.
TEXT MESSAGING AVAILABLE
Producers can now start receiving text message alerts to their cell phones from our local office. Alerts are limited to two per month and standard messaging rates apply. These alerts will be sent out as a mass text so they will not be personalized to the producer but sent as county wide reminders. Producers must be subscribed to GovDelivery to receive the text messages. Producers can visit the following website www.fsa.usda.gov/subscribe to enroll. To sign up for message alerts text COKiowa to FSANOW (372669). If you have any questions or need assistance setting up your messaging alerts contact the office.
Foreign Buyers Notification
The Agricultural Foreign Investment Disclosure Act (AFIDA) requires all foreign owners of U.S. agricultural land to report their holdings to the Secretary of Agriculture. The Farm Service Agency administers this program for USDA.
All individuals who are not U.S. citizens, and have purchased or sold agricultural land in the county are required to report the transaction to FSA with 90 days of the closing. Failure to submit the AFIDA form (FSA-153) could result in civil penalties of up to 25 percent of the fair market value of the property. County government offices, Realtors, attorneys and others involved in real estate transactions are reminded to notify foreign investors of these reporting requirements.
Producers are receiving the 2017 1099's for income tax purposes. We always encourage producers to review and verify the information on the 1099 agrees with your records and contact the FSA office with any problem or discrepancies. Refunds made to CCC are NOT reflected on the 1099's. Be reminded, producers earning less than $600.00 will NOT receive a 1099 in the mail.
CHANGE IN FINAL PLANTING DATE FOR CORN
Below is a map reflecting that changed on the final planting date for corn for SE Colorado. The previous final planting date was May 25th and the new plant date for 2018 is May 31st.
Kiowa County FSA Committee
- Destiny Haase - LAA 2 - Central area - Committee Chairperson
- Sean Harkness - LAA 1 - East area - Committee Vice-Chairperson
- Michael Zimmerman - LAA3 - West area - Committee Regular Member
USDA SERVICE CENTER CONTACT INFORMATION
Telephone 719-438-5851 FSA (Ext 2), NRCS (Ext 3). FSA Fax number: fax2mail 844-332-7501
KIOWA COUNTY FARM LOAN CONTACT INFO - CALL FOR AN APPOINTMENT
Telephone 719-336-3437 (ext2) Mary Rhoades, firstname.lastname@example.org
SERVICE CENTER OFFICE HOURS:
Monday through Friday - 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Friday, by appointment only.
For information on programs visit our website located at www.fsa.usda.gov or like us on Facebook, or follow us on Twitter.