IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER:
- CRP Contract Management - Contact FSA or NRCS with questions. Producers have been notified of required completion dates.
- County Committee Meeting - Wednesday, March 21st
- February 19th - SERVICE CENTER CLOSED - PRESIDENT'S DAY HOLIDAY
- FARM LOAN Personnel in Kiowa County Service Center - Wednesday, February 7th
- CRP Continuous Signup - CRP Grassland OFFERS ONLY. Producers interested are urged to contact FSA Office. NOW!! - File form CCC-633 EZ page 1 with FSA before losing beneficial interest to maintain Loan Deficiency Payment (LDP) eligibility. (To request payments, producers need to submit page 2 of the CCC-633EZ)
- 2018 ARCPLC Enrollment deadline - August 1, 2018
Disclaimer: Information in this UPDATE is pertinent to Kiowa County FSA only. Producers reading this and that do not have FSA interest in Kiowa County are advised to contact their local FSA Office.
SERVICE CENTER CLOSED
The USDA Service Center will be closed on Monday, February 19, 2018 in observance of President's Day. The Service Center will reopen on Tuesday, February 20.
I attended the funeral service for Claudette Williams Tuesday, here in Eads. Claudette was a 40-year employee of USDA, ASCS/ FSA and in that 40 year span had experience a lot of changes. Claudette mentored many future employees, including myself. Claudette was meticulous in her work and I learned a lot from her. She was always very professional and cared for her fellow employees as she spent tireless hours as a representative in our Employees Association. Wherever she traveled, she always stopped and visited other offices. Keep her husband Lester and her family in your thoughts and prayers. Rest in peace, Claudette.
PROJECTED 2017 PLC RATES
Know it that time of year, producers are working on cash flows with financial institutions. Below is a projection of Price Loss Coverage (PLC) prices for the 2017 crop year. Be reminded, the prices are only a projection and the end of the marketing year for example wheat is the end of May 2018, therefore prices could fluctuate.
Wheat - .90 bushel
Barley - .45 bushel
Oats - 0.0 bushel
Corn - .45 bushel
Sunflowers - .0255 pound
To compute a PLC payment:
85% of the farms commodity base x the PLC yield for the commodity/farm x PLC rate x share x sequestration rate which is 6.9% = payment
NRCS Announces Application CUTOFF Date for 2018 CSP Enrollment
Colorado landowners have until Friday March 2nd, 2018 to submit an application for enrollment into the Natural Resources Conservation Service's (NRCS) Conservation Stewardship Program (CSP). Eligible applications received after the cutoff period may be considered during a later time and will be processed throughout the fiscal year as needed.
Kiowa County FSA Committee
- Destiny Haase - LAA 2 - Central area - Committee Chairperson
- Sean Harkness - LAA 1 - East area - Committee Vice-Chairperson
- Michael Zimmerman - LAA3 - West area - Committee Regular Member
USDA SERVICE CENTER CONTACT INFORMATION
Telephone 719-438-5851 FSA (Ext 2), NRCS (Ext 3). FSA Fax number: fax2mail 844-332-7501
KIOWA COUNTY FARM LOAN CONTACT INFO - CALL FOR AN APPOINTMENT
Telephone 719-336-3437 (ext2) Mary Rhoades, firstname.lastname@example.org
SERVICE CENTER OFFICE HOURS:
Monday through Friday - 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Friday, by appointment only.
For information on programs visit our website located at www.fsa.usda.gov or like us on Facebook, or follow us on Twitter.