IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER:
- FEBRUARY 12th- FARM LOAN Personnel in Eads Service Center
- FEBRUARY 12th-County County Meeting
- EXTENDED - FEBRUARY 28 - DEADLINE to apply for 2018 (LFP) Livestock Forage Program -
- EXTENDED - FEBRUARY 14- MFP - Market Facilitation Program- COMPLETION OF Part D of CCC-910 form signature deadline.
- FEBRUARY 18th-SERVICE CENTER CLOSED- President's Day
- Continuous CRP Grassland Signup 201 -Offers being accepted - $5.00 per acre rental rate
Disclaimer: Information in this UPDATE is pertinent to Kiowa County FSA only. Producers reading this and that do not have FSA interest in Kiowa County are advised to contact their local FSA Office.
REPORTING INTENDED USES
When producers complete an acreage report, there is certain information that the producer must either write on the aerial photo or communicate to the employee assisting them with the acreage report. The one important piece of information is the 'intended use' of the planted or perennial crop.
- Intended use codes can affect program eligibility for various programs, including, but not limited to NAP, marketing assistance loans, CRP, ARC, PLC and MFP.
- Intended use of a crop CANNOT be revised once the acreage reporting deadline has passed.
Locally, the majority of planted crops are reported for grain and perennials are reported as graze. There is a change for crop year 2019 that allows the following crops to report 'multi-use' intended uses. Currently multi-use is limited to crops that are first grazed and then harvested as grain. Although this option is limited to the following crops, additional crops may be added later:
One producer can have interest in the grazed acreage and another producer can have an interest in the harvested acreage. Again, it's important that producers communicate the intended use or multi-use of the crop at the time of acreage reporting.
PROGRAM DEADLINES EXTENSIONS
Due to the shutdown there are many revised program deadlines dates. The two deadlines that will affect Kiowa County producers is the MFP - Market Facilitation Program and 2018 LFP- Livestock Forage Program.
- MFP - The CCC-910, which is the form used to apply for the program has two parts of the form that must be signed by the producer and both parts have two separate deadlines.
- Part D - Producer Certification (bottom of the form) must be signed by the producer or the authorized representative no later than February 14th.
- Part C - Production Information - producers have until May 1, 2019 to report production or livestock inventory.
NOTE: Producers who have FSA interest in more than one county will complete the CCC-910 form with the recording county FSA Office.
- LFP - 2018 grazing year Livestock Forage Program for grazing loss. The original deadline was January 31st , the new deadline is February 28, 2019. In Kiowa County many of the producers with livestock have applied, as the county has been eligible for LFP since early summer.
For a complete listing of program deadline extensions for all programs, please contact the FSA Office.
Friendly reminder, FSA does not send out 1099's to producers who earned less than $600.00 reportable income in the calendar year.
Kiowa County FSA Committee
- Destiny Haase - LAA 2 - Central area - Committee Chairperson
- Sean Harkness - LAA 1 - East area - Committee Vice-Chairperson
- Michael Zimmerman - LAA3 - West area - Committee Regular Member
USDA SERVICE CENTER CONTACT INFORMATION
409 E Lowell Ave.
PO Box 188 - Eads, CO 81036
Telephone 719-438-5851 FSA (Ext 2), NRCS (Ext 3). FSA Fax number: fax2mail 844-332-7501
o Dawna Weirich - CED firstname.lastname@example.org
o Charla Ferris - PT email@example.com
o Hallie Barlow - PT firstname.lastname@example.org
KIOWA COUNTY NRCS CONTACT INFORMATION -
Cheyenne Wells 719-767-5648 ext 3 -
Scott Smith, email@example.com -
KIOWA COUNTY FARM LOAN CONTACT INFO - CALL FOR AN APPOINTMENT
Telephone 719-336-3437 (ext2)
Mary Rhoades, firstname.lastname@example.org,
Nicole Lubbers, email@example.com
SERVICE CENTER OFFICE HOURS:
Monday through Friday - 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Friday, by appointment only.
For information on programs visit our website located at www.fsa.usda.govor like us on Facebook, or follow us on Twitter.