Kiowa County Women Involved in Farm Economics (WIFE) Chapter # 124 is sponsoring an Ag Art Work Contest in honor of National Agriculture Day, March 20, 2018 during National Ag Week which kicks off Sunday, March 18. Kiowa County WIFE is working to help agriculture in our rural communities to survive and thrive. The Ag Art Work Contest will celebrate our way of life and the importance of agriculture in our rural communities. "Agriculture: Food for Life" is the theme for the contest as well as the theme for National Ag Day 2018.
Kiowa County WIFE Chapter # 124 has grown in membership and includes new members from other counties. Thus, the contest this year has been expanded to include school districts in the following counties: Kiowa, Prowers, Bent, Otero, Lincoln and Kit Carson. Students, including home-schoolers, in grades 3 through 8 are welcome and encouraged to participate. WIFE members in their respective counties will give out the information/rules for the contest to school districts. Prizes for the top three agriculture art work pages will be awarded per grade in each participating school district.
- Contest open to all children in grades 3 through 8 residing in Kiowa, Prowers, Bent, Otero, Lincoln and Kit Carson counties. Home-school students are welcome also.
- Must be original work of each child. NO outside help.
- The work must depict the perception of the theme "Agriculture: Food for Life"
- Name, age, grade, teacher and school must be on back of entry.
- Only one entry per child.
- Paper size and mediums to use: Paper size should be 8.5 in. by 11in.
- Grades 3, 4 and 5 are to use crayons and/or colored pencils.
- Grades 6, 7 and 8 may use pencil, colored pencil, ink or charcoal.
- NO WATER COLORS OR MARKERS, please!!!
- Entries must be completed and submitted before or on Wednesday, April 11, 2018. No entries will be accepted after deadline.
- Prizes will be awarded to the best three entries in each grade at each participating school district. Decisions of the judges are final.
First Prize - $5.00
Second Prize - $3.00
Third Prize - $1.00
Certificates and participation ribbons will also be awarded.
Winners will be notified after April 16, 2018 and arrangements will be made to award the prizes/ribbons.
Entries not submitted in accordance with the above rules will automatically be disqualified.
Contact Kiowa County WIFE Chapter # 124 President Phyllis Nelson with questions. Her phone number is (719) 438-5682 and her email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is the third year Kiowa County WIFE has sponsored the contest and is looking forward to seeing great art work from students again this year.