Colorado Department of Transportation will be conducting chip sealing operations in Baca, Prowers and Kiowa counties next week.
Monday, July 29, operations will begin on CO 116, west of Two Buttes from mile marker three to seven. Work will be done from 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. and require alternating lane closures.
Friday, August 2, operations will move to US 385 near Sheridan Lake from mile marker 121 to 124. Work will be done from 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. and require alternating lane closures.
REMEMBER: SLOW FOR THE CONE ZONE
The following tips are to help you stay safe while traveling through maintenance and construction work zones.
- Do not speed in work zones. Obey the posted speed limits.
- Stay Alert! Expect the unexpected.
- Watch for workers. Drive with caution.
- Don't change lanes unnecessarily.
- Avoid using mobile devices such as phones while driving in work zones.
- Turn on headlights so that workers and other drivers can see you.
- Be especially alert at night while driving in work zones.
- Expect delays, especially during peak travel times.
- Allow ample space between you and the car in front of you.
- Anticipate lane shifts and merge when directed to do so.