Daylight Saving Time resumes Sunday, March 11. That means we will turn our clocks forward one hour, or Spring Ahead! The semi-annual time change is also a great opportunity for valuable preparedness steps focused on checking your emergency preparedness supplies or stocks.
Change Your Clock, Check Your Stocks
This week as you prepare to change your clock, it's time to check the stock in your emergency preparedness kit for items that may be missing or expired. If you don't have a preparedness kit yes, you can create one that includes:
- A three-day supply of water with one gallon of water per person per day
- A three-day supply of non-perishable food that has not expired
- Flashlights and batteries
- Manual can opener
- Prescription drugs, sanitary supplies and diapers
- Pet food, water, and supplies
- Important papers
Three Easy Steps to Check Your Stocks
- Check that you have what you need.
- Replenish supplies that are out of date or missing.
- Store supplies in an easily accessible, clearly labeled container
Check Your Stock Resources
- Emergency Stocks Checklist (English)
- Emergency Stock Checklist (Spanish)
- Pet Stock List (English)
- Pet Stock List (Spanish)