I just wanted to touch base with all of you and let you know that we are making plans for delivering instruction on March 30, 2020. I also want to relieve as much stress as possible during this trying time. I have been in conference calls with the Governor and the Commissioner of the Colorado Department of Education to stay updated on this process. The following points will hopefully inform you and clear up any rumors that are going around. Please understand these ideas are in the investigation and fact gathering stages and are not approved or guaranteed at this time.
- The required instructional hours may be waived with an application--- so we will not have to extend the school year into the summer
- Fourth quarter of this school year will begin March 30th and grades will be taken as normal
- All students will have the tools necessary such as Internet and devices, if not, they will be provided
- Kiowa County School District Re-1 is researching an option to offer free meals to all students during this time on a pick up only basis
- We are researching ways to offer virtual two-way instruction in which students can interact with their teacher
- We are investigating if we can have small groups meet with our staff
- We are investigating ways to lighten the burden on students that do not live in town
I assure everyone we are taking this process very seriously and are brainstorming all options. We will be ok, and we will make it through this trying time. I have realized how blessed we are to have such a great team of parents, guardians, students, staff, and community. Please let me know if you have any questions or suggestions.