- Cases 95
- Hospitalizations 4
- Deaths 4**
*These are cumulative totals as of January 25, 2021 at 5:00 p.m. **Deaths in people with a recent positive COVID test
- CASES PAST 7 days: 4
- CASES PAST 14 days: 8
Kiowa county is currently at 1.7%, down from 2.2% last week. Our goal is to keep this less than five percent.
- School districts in our county are being attended in person. Stay in touch with your school district for the latest information. Season B sports competitions start this week.
- The number of spectators corresponds to the level on the dial. Current max is 50, if we get to yellow this will increase. Please stay in touch with your school as they all have unique systems for spectators and some leagues have decided against spectators.
- Vaccine is here! Current guidelines for the state are to prioritize those 70 and older. The Governor has set a goal to get 70% of 70 and older vaccinated by the end of February. I anticipate the Tiers and Phasing to change to align better with the CDC guidance and I will update information as it is received. We thank you for your continued patience as vaccine distribution is limited. See covid19.colorado.gov/vaccine for more information.
- Vaccine providers for the public in Kiowa County include Public Health and Weisbrod Memorial County Hospital. We are looking to do larger clinics as soon as we get higher allotments of vaccine from the state. If you are on multiple waitlists, please let the other facilities know if you get your vaccine so that your spot can be given to someone else.
- Stay home if not feeling well, cover coughs and sneezes, wash hands frequently or use 60+% alcohol-based hand sanitizer, wear a mask/face covering to contain any respiratory droplets and stay at least 6 feet from others. Minimize gatherings.
- Kiowa County is dial level ORANGE. https://covid19.colorado.gov/data/covid-19-dial
- If you think you may have symptoms of COVID-19, or may have been exposed, and are interested in testing, call 719-438-5401 and ask for the lab. If you are having severe symptoms such as significant trouble breathing, etc. call 911.
Call 719-336-8721 or 719-438-5782 with questions or to schedule your vaccine appointment. You can check https://covid19.colorado.gov for information or email email@example.com with any business/event plans or questions.
We appreciate your patience in this busy and trying time!